Sunday, September 12, 2010

Landed safe in london (mostly) no worse for the wear

American airlines international economy is waaay better than united--quite comfortable! I had one of the off center seats in the center 5-row, and lucked out...the very middle was vacant!

Directly in front of me was a family with a baby and a toddler-mostly one of them was screaming the whole flight, but I didn't care that much..I had good headphones and the movie selecion was actually recent--i watched most of "robin hood" before I got deathly bored.

I tried to sleep and was mostly sucessfull but woke up to a perfect storm of unpleasantness: screaming baby, screaming toddler, turbulence, low blood sugar (it had been five hours since meal), dehydration (I forgot a water bottle) and not enough fresh air. I felt like I was going to be sick, so I woke the guy next to me to let me pass and walked back to the lavatory. It was occupied so I stood in the aisle for a minute, started to get a little light headed and...BAM. Out cold, fell straight back into the aisle (sore tailbone and the back of my head) and woke up seeing stars and stewardesses. They gave me a cold towel, some water, and orange juice until I felt up to moving back to the galley, where I hung out and munched some cheese and crackers and another glass of orange juice. I was hoping for a pity pass to business class, but unfortunately I recovered pretty quickly--they said my color was back to normal which means it was probably askew originally.

Anyways, a very odd experience, and I can't quit pin down any specific root cause different on this flight than my other four 6+ hour flights, other than the dehydration factor, which I will go overboard avoiding on the return leg.

Other than a bump on my head and what feels like a hangover, no lasting effects, and I am looking forward to a productive week. The UK country side is beautiful so far (the bits I can see from the taxi)--England startlingly resembles *New* England.

Pictures as soon as there is anything interesting.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

bev said...

ouch! Hope your head is feeling better. Glad you arrived safely.